To express support for the revised Penzance Heliport planning application follow the guidance guidance issued below.
From: Robert Dorrien-Smith
Date: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 3:58 PM
Subject: Your support
Since we submitted our amended planning application to Cornwall Council at the end of last week, we have been inundated with messages asking how you can help.
The best way to help make the project a reality is by commenting on the planning application. In the original planning meeting, one of the key considerations of the committee was the overwhelming public support for the project. We need to demonstrate the deep support for this project that exists now more than ever.
You can submit your comments in one of three ways:
• Comment online using the Cornwall Council planning portal
• Email Cornwall Council, quoting reference PA16/09346
• Write to: Planning, Cornwall Council, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY quoting reference PA16/09346
If you were one of the 2,600+ people who commented on the original planning application, you will really make a difference if you submit additional comments. Your new comment will be displayed in addition to your old comment, and both will be taken into consideration by the planning committee.
It is entirely up to you what you write in your planning comments, but they should focus on legitimate planning considerations such as the need for the development, the design of the scheme, and why the chosen site is the most appropriate location for the heliport.
I would encourage you to take a look at some of the further information we have supplied to Cornwall Council. Many of the reports are highly technical documents, but some key, clear and concise reports include:
• Our updated Socio-Economic Assessment on the need for the development, the social and economic impacts it will deliver, and an assessment of the relative merits of Penzance compared to other possible sites
• A letter from Sloane Helicopters detailing the benefits of Penzance for helicopter operations, including the site's weather resilience compared to other possible locations
• Our amended Planning Statement, which gives a good overview of the proposal and how it will benefit all five islands
Thank you for your ongoing support; your comments will make a difference.
Tresco Island Office, Tresco, Isles of Scilly, TR24 0QQ
Update. Comments on the application should be received by Cornwall Council by 12 Feb.