You can make a representation online (register first), by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by letter to “The Planning Officer, Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Truro TR1 3AY.”
The email subject line or letter title line should read: Letter of Support. Penzance Heliport PA16/09346
The letter should refer to ‘material planning concerns’ and use relevant personal experience if helpful to illustrate the point. The material considerations include (amongst others):
- Improved reliability and frequency of essential transport services between the islands and the mainland.
- Improvement of the island visitor economy which has stagnated since the loss of the BIH service in 2012.
- The improved integration of air services with road and rail that is possible at Penzance.
- The lower environmental impact of operating helicopters from Penzance rather than from Lands End Airport which lies in the heart of the environmentally sensitive AONB.
- Economic benefits from avoiding a monopoly in the delivery of transport services to the islands.
- The proven effectiveness and positive economic impact, demonstrated over 38 years, of the previous helicopter service from Penzance compared with the weather limited air services possible from Lands End Airport.
- The economic benefits to Penzance and West Cornwall in jobs and visitor spending of restoring the Penzance helicopter service.